How to Make Cannabis-Infused Coconut Oil in a Crockpot
Like its friend cannabutter, cannabis-infused coconut oil can be used for cooking.
However, it can also be taken orally and used as a topical pain reliever!
Today I will show you how simple it is to make your own!
This article contains affiliate links. Meaning that at no additional cost to you, I earn a commission when you make a purchase through them. Proceeds offset the expense of operating this blog. Thank you for your support!
- 1/2 cup of Ground Cannabis, Decarboxylated
- 1/2 cup of Organic, Cold-Pressed, Unrefined, non-GMO, Virgin Coconut Oil
- SMALL CROCKPOT
- GLASS BOWL
- CHEESECLOTH OR MESH BAG FOR STRAINING
- RUBBER SPATULA
- CONTAINER FOR STORAGE IF NOT USING IMMEDIATELY FOR COOKING
- Step One: Decarb the cannabis Click here to learn how to decarb your cannabis and how to save money while doing it.
- Step Two: Grind the decarboxylated cannabis coarsely with a hand grinder. This step can be skipped if you are using decarbed cannabis that has already been ground and used for dry vaping.
- Step Three: Set your slow cooker to low, or somewhere around 160ºF. (Tip: Avoid exceeding 200ºF to prevent burning or wasting cannabinoids.
- Step Four: Melt coconut oil in the crockpot, then add decarboxylated cannabis. Cook 3-4 hours, stirring every 20-30 minutes.
- Step Five: Turn off and cool. After about 3-4 hours, turn off the crockpot and wait for the oil to cool. Cool long enough to not burn your hands in the following step. I allow this recipe to cool for 30 minutes.
- Step six: Strain your oil. There are various ways to do this. You can line a funnel with cheesecloth or a mesh bag and pour contents through. You can cover the top of your crockpot’s stoneware and pour into a bowl. Or do what I did and place a mesh bag upright in a bowl and pour contents into it. No matter which way, you will need to squeeze the remainder of the contents out of the cloth or bag with your hands. Repeat the process until all the oil is out and remove any large pieces of flower or stems.
- Step Seven: Pour into container
- Step Eight: Refrigerate This will allow your oil to firm up.
Use as a salve for muscle and joint aches.
Replace any oil called for in a recipe with your cannabis coconut oil.
Use as a hair conditioner.
Or use alone by putting a little dab under your tongue.